Debt Review, Administration
Bornman Schoeman Inc specializes in the field of Debt Management services
- To assist over-indebted consumers, representing them in court to obtain the necessary court orders
- We receive instructions from Debt Counsellors countrywide to appear as correspondent Attorneys
- We also assist clients who wish to exit the Debt Review process by way of rescission or application to be declared not over indebted
- specialise in Administrations in terms of the Magistrates Court Act 32 of 1944 as well as or insolvency related maters.
The Government legislated the National Credit Act on the 1st of June 2007 to promote an effective, accessible and fair credit market to protect the consumer from reckless lending and over-indebtedness.
The new Act introduces regulated Debt Counsellors who have the expertise to assist and guide clients with debt problems and to devise debt restructuring plans enabling people to afford their monthly debt obligations.
Our in-house Debt Counsellors are registered with the National Credit Regulator.
Debt Counselling can be the ideal solution for the individual’s financial situation.
Debts can include credit cards, in store cards, personal loans, overdrafts, hire purchases, vehicle installment agreements and home loans.
The Counsellor will negotiate with your credit providers regarding the repayment period as well as reduction of installments and interest rates.
We specialize in Voluntary Surrender of Estates, Liquidation and Sequestration applications.
We also do rehabilitation of insolvents.
Having a valid and updated Will is one of the most important and often neglected documents you will need. At Bornman & Schoeman Attorneys Inc we know that your family is important to you and we can assist in looking after your loved ones when you no longer can.
Considered advice and a well-planned estate, together with a clear and well drafted last will and testament, can result in significant benefits and savings.
- Do I have a valid Will?
- Has my Will been updated recently?
- Does my Will reflect my last wishes?
- Will my estate be devolved efficiently, cost-effectively and without delay?
You need the help of a qualified professional to draft or update a validly executed Will.
Contact us for:
- Ensuring that your estate planning is done rigorously
- Ensuring that your final wishes are complied with and estate duty is minimised
- The formation of a testamentary trust to ensure that assets left to minor beneficiaries are well managed
- The role and power of trustees
- Guidance regarding implications of insolvency of your chosen beneficiaries
- The appointment of a guardian for your minor children
- The appointment of an executor
- The establishing an inter vivos trust
- Preparation, advice and execution of your Will
- Drafting or updating of your Will (or that of your children if they are over 18)
- Interpretation of a Will
- Assistance in the challenging or opposing the validity of a Will
Whether you are involved in a dispute or need representation in the Magistrate’s or Supreme Court, we have extensive knowledge and experience in civil litigation and dispute resolution.
Contact us for:
- General High court and Magistrate Court Litigation
- Motor Vehicle Related Claims
- Rescission of judgements
- Commercial Evictions
- Eviction of non paying tenants
- Breach of Contracts
- Enforcing Contractual Rights
- Bond and bail applications
- Criminal defense
- Private prosecution
- Case management and the expunging of criminal records
- Advising clients on the merits of their case
- Preparation of court documents
- Lodging of appeal or review applications
- Labour related matters
We deal with the following areas of family law:
- Family Violence
- Drafting of a Parenting Plan
Getting Married? (or your children getting married?)
You need to give some thought to which marital regime will be most suited for your circumstances. An ante-nuptial contract is crucial in governing your assets upon death or divorce. From the initial consultation, the variety of marriage contract options are discussed and confirmed with the happy couple, so that there is no need to worry about this legality in the future.
If you are getting married soon, you do not need the added stress of sorting out an ante-nuptial contract. We will ensure that the legal side of things is well taken care of and that attending to your ante-nuptial contract is another exciting part of getting married. It is important to understand the different property regimes that can govern your marriage and have an ante-nuptial contract that caters adequately for your needs.
Contact us for:
- Assistance and advice in the selection of your marital regime and various types of ante-nuptial contracts
- Drafting of a ante-nuptial contract and attending to the registration of your contract
Whether you are a business owner or working in a business and in need of expert legal advice or assistance, Bornman Schoeman Inc Attorneys have extensive experience and can offer real solutions.
Contact us for:
- Drafting and amending of company documents
- Registration of Companies
- Changing of Close Corporations to Company Maintenance
- Setting up of Trusts, Family or Business Trusts
- Liquidation of Companies
- Drafting of various contracts
Tel: 021 945 1934
3 Sarel Cilliers Str
PO BOX 4068
Cell 076 944 0206
Cell 084 499 5977
Cell 082 695 3807
The Legal Practice Council and its Provincial Councils regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.